Monday, November 19, 2007

Sir Leica Lot

This bad ass motherfucker just arrived today.

I can't wait to try this out. See what all the fuss is about. All I can say is I see great prospects with it.

For now all I got is an old Summitar lens from the forties as far as I know. I'll just have to get some Summicron magic. I was thinking a Summicron 35mm. Then a bessa 50 and 28mm.
I paid a few hundred euro's for a rangefinder and another couple of hundred for a red dot that says Leica.

Despite some of the most famous photo's of the 20th century taken with one of these, also some of the worst photos ever made have been taken with them as well.

I nearly hate the red dot snob brigade as much as I hate the DSLR 200m lens street shooter gang. There is a certain pub in Dublin where every Tuesday night various retired bankers , doctors etc, meet up and dicuss street shooting all the fancy Leica glass they own. None of them could take a picture to save their lives.

I could have got a Bessa r4m for half the price, but a poor mans Lieca is a poor mans Leica no matter what way you look at it.

I sold some valuables to get this, but I stand by my choice.

4 comments:

Sebastian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sebastian said...

It might be a bit unwise to spend a lot for the body just to get 2nd-rate (Bessa-)lenses for it. I keep my fingers crossed for your Leica.

Anonymous said...

I spent a shit-load of time waiting to get my leica, and it was worth every fucking penny. I want to replace the lens I have on it with a 35/2 though now - I just need a slightly wider angle often enough.

Anonymous said...

oh, someone joined the toy camera division. nice.