Wednesday, April 08, 2009

The Revenge of Neopan

I found two rolls of Neopan 1600, lying in the back of a fridge, it's a film I rarely shoot, I don't know why it has a really unique grain structure and quality to it.
Again these images are from last year, some are from March last year exactly, the kissing photos are from St Patrick's day 2008.

I'll explain some other time why I leave it so long till viewing or editing personal photos (besides I just couldn't be arsed).
Probably one of the first photos made with my 21mm Voightlander lens. I suggest full view for this one.
For some reason there were lots of Kissing photos on the roll's, must have been that time of year. Like a scene from Jacobs Ladder, that movie scared me so much when I was twelve.
I came very close to getting the crap kicked out of at this point.
They were carrying a makeshift coffin, I liked the way the boy ran into frame, the 21mm lens gets everything in.

These last two pictures are my attempt at getting an MFA, sadly it's not taken with a 10x8 view camera, therefore it can not be art.

4 comments:

whoargh said...

i like the third one

wonda said...

nice set!

Jeremy B. said...

What did you do about the kid who seemed mad about you taking photos of him and his girl kissing? How did you calm him or what not?

Seamus T said...

@Jeremy Brotherton: I just walked away and didn't say anything to him, when he confronted me.