Sunday, December 20, 2009

Broken Scanners.

I'm tearing my imaginary hair out right now, like a phantom limb, you always feel it's there.
My Nikon 8000 that broke down a year ago is still in repairs as they cannot find a wiring diagram for that model (if any one knows where I can get a wiring diagram for a Nikon Coolscan 8000 please drop me a line). Then the less than average Epson v350 that I was using as a replacement started scanning purple lines through the images, I then borrow a Nikon 5000 from a friend, which rejects my negs. My luck with such matters is not good this past while.

Hence forth most of the images I made on my recent trip through Eastern europe are stuck in a drawer and not seeing the light of day.
I did manage to scan a few before things went pear shaped. The one above is from Brno, in the Czech Republic.

5 comments:

Sebastian said...

Sorry to hear about your bad luck with scanners.

The photo is great :D

Seamus T said...

Yeah man tell me about it, although I think it's a sign I need to start doing prints in the darkroom.

Hello Xu Xu said...

Oh man that's rough! There's more than just me lookin' forward to your eastern European shots. Hope things pan out well soon.

Hello Xu Xu said...

Oh man that's a black dog, hope it pans out well as there's more than just me looki'n forward to your eastern European prints!

eroica said...

i particularly like your shot of the muzzled dog.
:-)