Sunday, March 15, 2009

Panoramic London

Hi here are some recent photos from my trip to London in January, all images captured with a Hasselblad xpan.

I had very little time to go around to make images, I was too busy at the SWPP convention.



After about two minutes before this picture was made, at Canary Wharf in London, I was aproached by two police officers who started to demand why I'm taking pictures and where I'm from. When I said Ireland. They asked that I show them some ID, I told them I don't have any, and said I'm tourist and I didn't think there were any laws about taking photos in public. They just said you can't take photos here. Strange how the 20 people I saw with camera phones could snap away and I can't.
I continued on shooting whatever the fuck I felt like after they left.
I should mention that I had only a few hours sleep, and still half pissed from the night before.

It was my last day in London, and marred what was an otherwise nice little trip.

I have some images made with the Leica I'll see if I can dust off the negs, upload them some time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cool series :)