Monday, March 30, 2009

Yay for Colour.

People always say to me it's great that you shoot so much black and white film, keeping it real and traditional.
But to be honest it's more of a matter of financial necessity rather than artistic preference. It costs three times as much to shoot colour film which has to be handled in a c-41 or e-6 lab as opposed to developing your own black and white which is cheap as chips.
Believe me if I had my way I would shoot more colour .


I suppose I've shot B&W for some long colour opens up a whole new world and a way of seeing, although after a time of just using colour I'll get bored and go back to the compositionally pure world of monotone.

Besides doing experiments with colour, I'll soon just work exclusivly in the panoramic or square format of the Hasselblad. I'm so over standard rectangles.

4 comments:

christian rollinson said...

love the shot of the fellas carrying the frames :D i was just thinking about you the other day and how i should catch up on the blog! i'll be sure to drop by when i next batch process ;) hope you're well

Susanna said...

I just love these! My favourites are the framed men and that woman with her leg up with all those ponies/horses around her. Great work, as always! I'm so glad you have this blog so I can keep up with your photos again. :)

Pete (f-hole) said...

I recently tried a Tetenal Colortec C-41 kit with the same gear I use for B&W stuff and found it to be good value. Ran out of film after putting a dozen through the 1 litre kit. Could've done more.

The Silverwater shots on my blog are from the last two rolls.

Pete (f-hole) said...

I recently tried a Tetenal Colortec C-41 kit with the same gear I use for B&W and found it to be good value. Ran out of film after a dozen rolls and could've put more through the 1 litre kit.

The Silverwater shots on my blog are from the last two rolls.